Auditions for Kapiti Playhouse’s first production of 2018, The Memory of Water by Shelagh Stephenson, will be held at Kapiti Playhouse Theatre in Ruahine Street on Sunday 28th January at 2pm.
This touching and hugely entertaining comedy provides an insight into the lives of three sisters who are reunited for their mother’s funeral. A neurotic maternal type, a paranoid doctor and a brattish younger sibling recall their childhood, but find that personal grievances have coloured their memories, which differ greatly and cause immense friction. Their quarrels over the funeral arrangements, their well-worn family role, their unsatisfactory men and their mixed memories of a highly feminine mother are hilarious.
Scripts are available at Paper Plus in Coastlands.
- Teresa, 40’s, fairly timid, unsure but a brave face
- Mary, 40’s, confident, glamorous but sad
- Catherine, 30’s, bubbly, dippy, attention seeker
- Vi, 60’s, loves to dance, glam, self-centred
- Mike, 40’s, selfish, married, a liar
- Frank, 40’s, Teresa’s husband, hates the business, wants a pub
The production dates for the show will be 11-21 April. Any enquiries can be made to Liz Alpine on 021 434 802 or lizalpine [at] gmail [dot] com